Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

ASA and CSC -SSM

Hi, I have a question about the physical setup of both of these. I have an ASA which is my internet firewall and the CSC-SSM. The inside of the internet firewall is connected to a Private DMZ. I have also connected the management of the CSC-SSM to this private DMZ. I have another firewall also connected to this private DMZ which links to the inside Network. If I make the inside of the ASA the default gateway for the CSC SSM, I cannot manage the CSC-SSM. Traffic is going to it from the inside network but it doesn't get back. If I make the firewall linking the private DMZ and inside network the default gateway, I can manage the CSC-SSM but the updates don't work correctly (i.e. it will only download some updates) Anybody any suggestions how they connected theirs up?

3 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: ASA and CSC -SSM

Hi,

How about configuring source NAT for your clients that will manage the CSC-SSM in the inside firewall and having the default gateway pointing to internet firewall?

Anthony

Community Member

Thanks for the reply Anthony. Unfortunately we are not natting on the inside firewall and it would require a big change of infrastructure to implement something like that.

Community Member

Just an update if anybody else is working with these. I put the Management of the CSC SSM on the inside network and it worked fine. There is no routing table on the CSC SSM.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content