cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA and Mobile AnyConnect

ddevecka
Level 1
Level 1

What version of ASA software allows you to do mobile Anyconnect?  I am hoping only 8.2. Currently I am running 8.0(4).                

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please reference the ASA 8.2(5) release notes. They mention:

You can now configure the ASA to permit or deny VPN connections to mobile devices, enable or disable mobile device access on a per group bases, and gather information about connected mobile devices based on a mobile device's posture data. The following mobile platforms support this capability: AnyConnect for iPhone/iPad/iPod versions 2.5.x and AnyConnect for Android versions 2.4.x.

S M85
Level 4
Level 4

You would be better of with ASA 8.4 and higher. Yes there is another way of configuring NAT but allot of advanced SSL functions. If you are only using anyconnect and you don't use the SSL VPN you don't have to upgrade. You can stick with 8.2.5. But the devolpements in those train are relatively low. So for now there are only bug fixes in 8.2-X train.

This document is easy to use: Supported VPN platforms.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asa-vpn-compatibility.html#wp189262

My advise to customers is to upgrade to 8.3 / 8.4 because of the new features in those trains.

regards,

Sander

ddevecka
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to you both I found the answer after digging around the site for a bit. I am thinking about jumping to 8.2 and then sitting on it for a bit because I have to go through my config and get ready for the jump to 8.3 and above. I was told I could jump from 8.0.x to 8.4 directly but that failed in a bad way and I had to roll back.

You're welcome.

I would agree with Sander re 8.4(x). It does require some planning and analysis but is the better in the long term. 9.0 is on the horizon and staying on 8.2 will become a dead end quickly.

The TAC is very helpful to assist you with upgrades if you run into snags.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card