Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA and plusnet fibre

ohgroup01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One of our sites has just upgraded to fibre broadband, the fibre box provided is a BTopenreach.

I have configured an ASA 5505 with a Zyxel NBG5615 router.

I have tested the router without the ASA which traffic works but when i add the ASA traffic does not pass through.

I have turned NAT and Firewall off on the router.

I have tried two different ASA one is 8.2(1) and the other 9.0(1).

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Ash

3 Replies 3

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Not really enough information to go on.

I guess one question would be does the ISP provide the IP addresses with DHCP or do you staticly configure your devices WAN interface?

Is there a need for the Zyxel infront of the ASA? Could you simply attach the fibre to the ASA (with the device the fibre is connected to). I am not sure what kind of device it is that your fibre is connected to. If it was possible to only use the ASA as a device doing routing/NAT/ACL then I would imagine the setup could be really simple. Now the problems might be more related to having 2-3 devices behind the fibre and having configuration error somewhere there that prevents normal traffic flow.

We would really need to know how the devices are configured to be able to help at all.

- Jouni

Thanks for the reply.

I did wonder if i took the router out of the equation would this be the solution.

Other sites with different isp have used router and firewall.

We have two static addresses provided by the isp.

Ive just found some information from BT that maybe the problem.

I will let you know the outcome.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card