Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

ASA ASDM problem

Dear All,

I am trying to configure my ASA 5510, I restored it to factory default settings by using

(config)#configure factory-default

now,, in the books, the author said, by default there is no username and password to sign in into the ASA,, but when i open my browser and enter https://192.168.1.1 it asks for a username and password,

when i simply clicked on submit button without entering any username and password,, it doesn't go forward,,

then I made a username and password on ASA using

username ------ password ------ command

now, it accepted the password,, but not launching its software,,, it hangs on the dialog window

Cisco ASDM Launcher,,

Device Ip

username

password,,

I also tried to use JAVA based configuration,, but when i open the window,, it shows a message, ble to load application, Exception in Starting Main wi

I updated my Java Runtime by downloading it from java.com but no result,,

Please help,

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: ASA ASDM problem

use java6 update 7

Community Member

I am using Java 6 update 13,,

do i need to uninstall update 13 and to switch back to update 6?? if yes, hows it possible?

Please advise

Regards,

Junaid

Cisco Employee

Hi,

I had the same issue before with Win Vista and java 6.13 in 2 laptops. In the end I giveup and i'm using XP with Java 6.13, and it work fine.

I hope it's not a bug!

Reda

Community Member

I am currently using Windows XP,, should i try with vista??

Community Member

There is a know issue with the newer versions of Java Runtime, and asdm-615.bin

(ASDM) I had to uninstall my Java, and back rev to 1.6.0_07, this version runs fine.Just make sure you turn off auto updates.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content