Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ASA ASDM real time graphs do not come up

When I connect to my ASA with ASDM I can use ASDM to configure it and I can also see syslog message via ASDM.  However, none of the real time windows work.  These includes CPU, memory traffic, usage, etc.  All I get is a spinning icon for a couple minutes and then the message "lost connection to the firewall".  Note that I get this message even though I can still modify configuration and see syslog so I really haven't lost connection to the firewall, only to the real time graph windows.  I have tried different client machines and tried connecting to different interfaces with no luck.  I have also tried deleting and uploading new ASDM images as well as trying other versions but still same issue.  No errors in the logs that I can see either.  Currently running 9.1.5/7.2.1 on the ASA which is a 5510 model.  Any ideas?

Rgds,

Diego

7 REPLIES
VIP Green

If you browse to the ASA

If you browse to the ASA https://<ASA IP>:443 (or whichever port you have configured for it), and then run the ASDM directly from the ASA are you able to see the graphs then?

If so I would suggest removing the ASDM launcher you have installed on your PC and then install a fresh copy from your ASA.

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

-- Please remember to rate and select a correct answer

That was a good idea but the

That was a good idea but the graphs do not show up when I run ASDM directly from ASA.

Rgds,

Diego

Hi Diego,It seems like a Java

Hi Diego,

It seems like a Java issue. Could play around different versions and see which one's stable?

Different browsers, different

Different browsers, different machines and Java versions, all same problem.  I am pretty sure it is an ASA thing.  I also tried real-time log viewer and that shows: "error getting/parsing the  monitoring data".

Hall of Fame Super Silver

It could be an ASDM bug.Have

It could be an ASDM bug.

Have you tried downgrading ASDM to 7.1(6)? That release is compatible with ASA 9.1(5)

Actually I downgraded to 7.1

Actually I downgraded to 7.1(5) and still have same issue.  My intent was to see if maybe current ASDM image was corrupt.  I will bump up one tick to 7.1(6) and see what happens.

VIP Green

If the downgrade doesn't work

If the downgrade doesn't work, I suggest rebooting the ASA and then test.  Perhaps there is some code that is stuck...(?)

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

-- Please remember to rate and select a correct answer
Views
Helpful
Replies