cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA connection limit recommendations

jbeltrame
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to set appropriate per-client-max and per-client-max-embryonic connections limit.  I have the service policy in place, and can see what gets dropped, but would like better detail, simliar to how you can get it from a router inspect stats:

router#show ip inspect statistics

Maxever session counts (estab/half-open/terminating) [48:12:5]

Any way?

Thanks,

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

praprama
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jason,

The "show local-host" command should help you with this. If you need more detail, you can use this command with the detail keyword. Details of the command are available below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/command/reference/s4.html#wp1447764

There are other opetions available in the command as well which might help you.

Let me know if this helps!!

Regards,

Prapanch

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

praprama
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jason,

The "show local-host" command should help you with this. If you need more detail, you can use this command with the detail keyword. Details of the command are available below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/command/reference/s4.html#wp1447764

There are other opetions available in the command as well which might help you.

Let me know if this helps!!

Regards,

Prapanch

The problem with the local-host command, is that it only shows current status.  It doesn't show the max embryonic connections encountered.  I can get the max connections, though not max encountered per host would be nice, though the sh conn or sh resource usages.  I'd like to be able to get a max embryonic encounted counter.  That would help better in determining what is a good per client embryonic limit.

Thanks,

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card