Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ASA copy tftp run question

Hello,

I have 2 ASA 5520's.  I had to split them up to migrate over to a new ISP while keeping the old ISP in service temporarily.  I want to join them back together now with the new ISP because we are going to be ending our contract with the old ISP.  However, I also want to upgrade the IOS from 8.2 to the newest IOS.  I know I should copy the new ISP configuration over first.  My question is; Can I copy a configuration using: "copy tftp run" (w/out quotes), on a ASA 5520 just the same as doing it on a switch?  Then make it the boot configuration?  Or is there a different way to copy a configuration over than how it's done on a switch?

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY

When you say you want to join

When you say you want to join them together, do you mean you will configure them in failover? or just use only one ASA and join/merge the configuration from both ASA? If you want to merge the configuration from both ASA into one ASA, copy tftp run command is not a good option as I believe it would overwrite the existing configuration on the ASA with one from TFTP.

But to answer your question, yes you can copy a configuration file from tftp to the running config using that command just like on a switch or a router. 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content