cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Crash and now problems

jigsaw2026
Level 1
Level 1

This morning I had a ASA5540 crash - it suddenly froze, I lost contact, and then it rebooted itself. It lost contact with its mate and consequently the secondary failed over and is now active.

Now it's back up put when ping to the inside interface (obviously on the backup IP address) I'm receiving 6% packet loss and high round trip times. On the switch that it's plugged into I am getting input errors and CRCs incrementing.

I don't think the issue was just the inside interface as the two devices lost contact (they have a separate LAN interface), but they are on the same interface card.

Has anyone seen this before? We're on 7.06.

Thanks,

J

1 Reply 1

cpembleton
Level 4
Level 4

CRC errors indicate issue with LAN connection. Check for duplex mis-match, physical cable, and try a different switch port. Once you make the change you may want to clear the counters and watch.

Could be a bad interface of the ASA also. After trying the above you may want to open a TAC case.

You may want to console into the ASA and check for errors also. Could be another issue with ASA.

Thanks,

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card