Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA CX User Devices

Jim Neff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

What configuration is required to allow an ASA CX to detect user devices?  Does it require some input from ISE or some other mechanism?  My specific question is for a pair of 5525-X firewalls.

Any input is appreciated!

Jim

6 Replies 6

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's in the user agent sent by the browser. Check this link for more info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_agent

FF & Chrome both have add-on's that can spoof the user agent. It's very handy when testing CX rules.

Collin,

Thank you for the reply.  I am familiar with the user agent concept.  My issue is more that nothing is detected by the CX.  PrSM shows 'No data available' in User Devices.  I do not see any configuration settings for it, nor is detailed in the CX documentation.  Should it just work out of the box?

Thanks,

Jim

Sorry Jim, I misunderstood your question. I just checked my lab and I don't have any data either. I'll dig around and check some clients and see if there is anything in theirs.

The same problem. Your assistance needed! Thanks!

I was told by Cisco that nothing should be in there and that it is for a future feature.

I know this is older, but I am watching a video from 2012 where this section is populated. So how can it be for future use if that was in the past? Is it a limitation of our devices? There has to be a real reason it is empty.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card