cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA CX

fatalXerror
Level 5
Level 5

Hi experts, Can you explain what are the features if i load WSE license in my asa? Do it have the decryption mechanism? Thanks

4 Replies 4

Vibhor Amrodia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I think you are talking about the CX license.

Yes , it has decryption ability.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asacx/9-1/user/guide/b_User_Guide_for_ASA_CX_and_PRSM_9_1/b_User_Guide_for_ASA_CX_and_PRSM_9_1_chapter_01101.html#task_4A7D287DCD9449ECAF649EB56D2229F8

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Hi Vibhor,

Thanks for the reply, but how about the WSE license, is this different from the CX license? Do I need to buy the CX license or it is already the base license of the ASA-CX? Also, when we are talking about WSE license, what features are included in that license? Is it automatically included with URL filtering and SIO? Or it is a separate license?

Thanks

Niks

The CX has 4 licensees that I am aware of.

Application Visibility and Control

Next Gen IPS

Web Security Essential

K9 (decryption, free, US only)

The difference from the AVC and WSE is that the AVC can react to traffic from a specific program/web app.

After reading your question again, this is from the manual:

"Web Security Essentials license—This subscription-based license allows the use of URL filtering and
the use of web-reputation-based policies. Specifically, you need this license if you want to use URL
objects or web reputation profiles in policies."

I'm not sure if this is the base license however, you can always request a trial license for just about any of the features. Also the CX module comes with a 30 or 90 trial of all the licensees.

Hi,

I think this should have all the information you want:-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asacx/9-1/user/guide/b_User_Guide_for_ASA_CX_and_PRSM_9_1/b_User_Guide_for_ASA_CX_and_PRSM_9_1_chapter_0101.html

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: