Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ASA CX5545 Upgrade Procdures

I need to upgrade my ASA 5545-x, I have updated to latest code and now I am attempting upgrade the the CX Module so that I can update the PRSM software.

Everyone's tags (1)
8 REPLIES

Whats your question?

Whats your question?

what is the proper method to

what is the proper method to upgrade the code on the CX module so that I can upgrade the PRSM software to match?

For your setup I would

For your setup I would recommend the latest CX module software. The upgrade procedure can be found in the configuration guides for the ASA.

Florian

If that is true, where in the

If that is true, where in the documentation? and also, is it required to re-image the CX flash for that version?

not too hard to find: http:/

not too hard to find:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa91/configuration/firewall/asa_91_firewall_config/modules_cx.html

When you upgrade the software for the first time I would recommend to use the "install" option and partition the CX first. Afterward the "upgrade" option worked for me quite nicely.

Florian

Hall of Fame Super Silver

In your particular case the 9

In your particular case the 9.2(1.4) your CX module is running is the latest release (as of this posting date) even though it is not the highest number (version 9.3(1.1) build 112 was actually released earlier).

Generally speaking though one upgrades the CX module via the PRSM GUI. You can do it via the cli; but the GUI is much easier as it allows you to drag and drop the upgrade package directly into the GUI to transfer the image.

Here's a link to the procedure.

That does not appear to be

That does not appear to be the case.

I need to be able to connect my CX Module and PRSM to my Microsoft AD, through the CDA. This does not appear to be possible using the 9.2.1.4 (5).

In reference to the comment before, there is nothing in the documentation relating to the process to upgrade the Boot code for the CX Module.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Your screenshot confirms what

Your screenshot confirms what I said. You cannot upgrade 9.2(1.4) to 9.2(1.1) Build 112.

What is your separate issue about AD connections? CDA / AD support has been in the CX for a while now and does not depend on version 9.3 upgrade. Per the release notes, 9.3's only CDA-related enhancement was to add support for a secondary CDA.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content