cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA display height?

thanmad
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using SSH and telnet internally to access my ASA (using windows 7).  At some point, the ASA decided that the allowed screen height is only 10 lines high.

My command windows for both SSH and Telnet are able to handle about 80 lines of text before it rolls off the screen.

is there a setting on the ASA that allows me to specify how many lines it will display each time i hit the <----- More -----> space bar?

JonM

2 Replies 2

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

you can use the command

pager line 25

to get 25 lines

it is possible to change the value to a huge amount of lines..

Good luck

HTH

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From the command reference:

To set the default number of lines on a page before the “---more---” prompt appears for Telnet sessions, use the pager command in global configuration mode.

pager [lines] lines

Syntax Description

Defaults The default is 24 lines.

Usage Guidelines

This command changes the default pager line setting for Telnet sessions. If you want to temporarily change the setting only for the current session, use the terminal pager command. If you Telnet to the admin context, then the pager line setting follows your session when you change to other contexts, even if the pager command in a given context has a different setting. To change the current pager setting, enter the terminal pager command with a new setting, or you can enter the pager command in the current context. In addition to saving a new pager setting to the context configuration,

the pager command applies the new setting to the current Telnet session.

Examples The following example changes the number of lines displayed to 20:

hostname(config)# pager 20

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card