cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA does not recover from internet failure. clear arp required

tech_king
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys i have a asa and some other routers behind a switch  with some pulic IPs and ive noticed that if the internet fails for a couple mins and comes up back all the routers are accessible again except for the asa. The asa requires me to clear the arp table before I can reach the outside interface again. Is there something that is stopping it from automatically continuing to forward internet traffic?

2 Replies 2

Srinath R
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Any chance you can capture output of 'debug arp' and ARP captures for this duration?

ARP capture: capture arp ethernet-type arp interface <if name>

Once the internet flaps, we should see G-ARP in the capture.

Please also share 'show tech' from ASA.

Regards,

Srinath

Hi. The internet does not flap much. The setup is like this. we have an internet connection coming in to a switch then the firewall and other routers are connected to that switch also. What happens is that the like between the internet and switch may go down. When it comes back up the routers automatically recover but the asa needs to clear its arp table. The internet does not go down a lot so its hard to test unless i plug out the connection for a couple minutes but its a production network. Ive attached the show tech support. Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card