Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ASA Failover configuration

I have two asa 5540 and two internet lines from two different providers. I wanna create two contextes on the ASA's and assign a vpn server (site to site) on each context for each provider. My question is do i have to enable stateful failover to use active/active with the contexts or lan failover is enough?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: ASA Failover configuration

VPN is not supported in multi-context mode unless you are talking about permitting IPSEC traffic through the contexts.

enable stateful failover if you do not want any interruptions during a failover event (as connection state information gets replicated to the standby firewall ) otherwise lan failover will suffice to replicate the configuration changes.

HTH

Vikram

2 REPLIES

I just read that with Contexts i can have no VPN so how can i configure two vpn servers with two different ISP's should i use two outside interfaces?

VPN is not supported in multi-context mode unless you are talking about permitting IPSEC traffic through the contexts.

enable stateful failover if you do not want any interruptions during a failover event (as connection state information gets replicated to the standby firewall ) otherwise lan failover will suffice to replicate the configuration changes.

HTH

Vikram

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content