Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASA Failover - Where's it stored?

All,

I successfully configured active/passive failover on a pair of ASAs in GNS, but I have a question. Where's the configuration for the real addresses stored on the secondary unit? On the secondary, I can do a "sh run" and I show the ip addresses on eth0 and eth4 as the addresses that are assigned to the primary unit, BUT if I do a "sh int ip addre" I show the right addresses that are assigned to the secondary unit. Where is the "real" running config stored after the secondary has replicated from the primary?

Thanks,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: ASA Failover - Where's it stored?

Hi,

On the secondary unit you can check the configuration just as the primary unit with the ''sh run''

The real IP addresses used by the secondary can be seen using the command ''sh ip'' (You will see the system addresses and the current addresses).

Unless there's a problem with GNS3, but in a real ASA it works.

Federico.

2 REPLIES

Hi,

On the secondary unit you can check the configuration just as the primary unit with the ''sh run''

The real IP addresses used by the secondary can be seen using the command ''sh ip'' (You will see the system addresses and the current addresses).

Unless there's a problem with GNS3, but in a real ASA it works.

Federico.

That helped. I can see where my current addresses are and the system (failed over) addresses are. There's got to be some sort of separate area that the ASA stores the config though because the running config does show the exact duplicate of the primary.

Thanks!

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content