Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ASA Firewall failover triggers

Hello.

Can we have a failover triggered in a firewall. (ASA5540 - Active/Standby) based upon one or other interface failure similar to "track" command in HSRP.

2 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi,

I think by default every normal physical interface will be monitored by the ASA. So one physical interface going down should trigger a failover.

If you want so that some interfaces going down doesnt trigger this you should be able to use "no monitor-interface " to disable monitoring on that interface.

You should also be able to use the command "failover interface-policy " to determine under what circumstances the failover will be triggered.

- Jouni

Thanks Jouni,

Sorry I am new to the world of firewalls. So it might seem a stupid one.. but just wanted to confirm, that if I have a firewall connected to two different LAN switches. Also I have active/standby failover configured using one of the LAN interface only.

So, if connection to any of the switch going down, will result in failover trigger?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content