Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASA in transparent mode with 2 different VLANs but 1 subnet

Hi,

I have a question about ASA in transparent mode. Would it be possible to deploy ASA in transparent mode with 2 different VLANs but only 1 subnet as attached file? I would like to deploy like this because there are 2 core switches and also 2 server farm switches which is full mesh connected. So, it might be better if it is possible to use just 2 ASA instead of 4.

Please let me know if I misunderstood anything.

Thanks,

Nitass

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: ASA in transparent mode with 2 different VLANs but 1 subnet

Nitass

"Would it be possible to deploy ASA in transparent mode with 2 different VLANs but only 1 subnet as attached file?"

Yes, in fact that is the recommended way to deploy a transparent firewall. You need the same IP subnet because it is a L2 firewall not L3. But you have to use 2 vlans to avoid STP issues ie. if you only used 1 vlan you would get a L2 loop.

Jon

Re: ASA in transparent mode with 2 different VLANs but 1 subnet

Jon,

Thank you very much but I am so sorry I could not catch you. Have you had a look my diagram? Would you mind explaining me a little bit more?

Thanks,

Nitass

Views
Helpful
Replies