Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ASA Multiple Context

Hi guys,

I am trying to configure the ASA multiple context for a customer and I am stuck at one portion.The setup is like this:

we have an ASA, in which the customer need to configure two contexts and need to use an unique IP address for the outside traffice. The customer having only one ISP and they are given us only one IP which is on 10.X.X.X range. When i tried to give the same IP for the both context outside, it returned the IP conflict error. Is there a way to do this. will you guys have a similar set up, can please share the configuration with me.

Thanks and Regards,

Gopu

2 REPLIES
Super Bronze

ASA Multiple Context

Hi,

Why is the ISP allocating you a IP from a private IP address range? If the IP address is truly from the 10.0.0.0/8 range?

When you are using a shared interface for Security Contexts you can use the same IP address on the said interface in the Security Contexts.

Your ISP should allocate a public IP address for both of the Security Context.

Or you will have to create 3 Security Contexts and cascade the Security Contexts so that both customer Security Contexts are connected to a 3rd Security Context which has the interface towards the ISP and also the public IP address that the ISP allocated.

- Jouni

ASA Multiple Context

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

This is a megapop network. So they can give us private IP range rather than the public IP. We are doing a static route to their WAN ip as well.

Is there any configuration samples that you can share with? It will be very helpful since I am quite new to this setup.

Thank you

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content