Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA port-channel with Active/Standby connection

Machi Ma
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am planning to setup Active/Standby for ASA.  However, I am not sure is it those active/standby support port-channel setup?    And any example and items need to take care?

Which I would like to increase to bandwidth from LAN to WAN with ideal throughput is higher than single physical interface.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

nkarthikeyan
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Yes you can do it. But follow the method of doing it as suggested in the document.

If you use the ASA in an Active/Standby failover deployment, then you need to create separate EtherChannels on the switches in the VSS, one for each ASA (see Figure 12-1). On each ASA, a single EtherChannel connects to both switches. Even if you could group all switch interfaces into a single EtherChannel connecting to both ASAs (in this case, the EtherChannel will not be established because of the separate ASA system IDs), a single EtherChannel would not be desirable because you do not want traffic sent to the standby ASA.

Regards

Karthik

Hi,

Thanks.  How about if my connection to WAN direction is just a single CISCO router which have switch modules attached?

Can I using the diagram idea to create to create two port-channel group at CISCO router?

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card