Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ASA QoS - Prioritizing Video

Okay ASA Superstars - here's my dillema.

I'm working on a site with a 100Mbps Internet connection which regularly does real-time video streams for on-site classes. The site sustains an average 40-50Mbps active utilization. During idle times of the night, the video streams test successfully with virtually no packet loss (the Tandburg unit shows live packet statistics). During the day when the "normal" 40-50Mbps of traffic is sustained, we receive fairly substantial packet loss.

I've configured traffic prioritization (LLQ) for some internal video devices (based on their IP address, matched with an ACL). However, since the interface never reaches true saturization, the packet loss continues. IF I police the interface down to some low bandwidth value (10-20Mbps), traffic prioritization kicks in and the video stream is excellent...but obviously at the sacrifice of the rest of the business needs.

So...

Any suggestions on how to prioritize the video streams (which experience loss) without throttling the entire connection down to where queuing occurs?

I know you may be thinking...if there is no congestion - no problem. Video should't experience drops...but it does. Likely the interface experiences short bursts of congestion which averages out to 40-50Mbps on our SNMP monitoring system.

I'd love to hear your thoughts - thank you!!!

Jeremy

1 REPLY

ASA QoS - Prioritizing Video

Anyone?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content