Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASA Rackmount brackets

One of the rackmount brackets that comes with the ASA5500 series has a forward facing plate that sticks out beyond the front of the ASA. I have guessed that this is to take the second cable management arm, but this seems rather useless. What exactly is it for and what are the three holes for?

Thanks

Dave Beattie

3 REPLIES

Re: ASA Rackmount brackets

I even don't know why it is there.

But a question to you dbeattie:

How have you attached the brackets to the Cisco ASA?

On the picture in the manual they are attached to the rear end of the ASA. But in the second image I see them on the front side...

There are only 2 brackets so where to place and is it strong enough to hold the ASA with 2 brackets?

And what about the cable management arm... you attached one?

One of the manuals (not printed, nor the PDF - I had to dig for it) has a picture of the longer arm on the front left of the unit.

I have tried to attach it to the left, but I find that adding a cable management arm simply makes it very hard to plug in the cables and trying to add it after plugging in the cables is almost impossible. Surely Cisco must have a reason for designing it this way.

Thanks

Dave

Views
Helpful
Replies