cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA routing

SpeedCisco
Level 1
Level 1

i have two 5540 between two different lans (primary and disaster)which i need to connect for syncronizing purpose.

i use a point to point connection between the asa's.

the asa has two interfaces configured at the moment, one is the primary (wan) and the other one is the internal (lan) and the same configuration for the other asa on the other side.

so my question is, in order to get connectivity with both lans i need to tell the asa to route the lan traffic to the primary (wan) and viceversa.

so far i've been using the command

route internal-interface 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 primary-interface 1 but without success , is this the correct command?

2 Replies 2

srue
Level 7
Level 7

your diagram is pretty simple looking, are you sure there's not more to it? what type of connection is between both routers? Internet? Frame relay? something else?

On your ASA's, don't you just have default routes set for the respective router inside interfaces?

the connection between the routers is a point to point with multilink.

I was able to log into the remote router of the p2p connection and then i made a ping to a machine of my internal lan without success.

the p2p router has a static route to the asa's interface in order to reach the lan but i dont know if the asa knows what to do with these packets.

I attach asa config.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card