Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Scansafe cloud is down

craig bache
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I am having an issue with the Scansafe proxies and these showing as unreachable but most of the time reachable, I don't change anything.

9.1(2)

Primary: Proxy411.scansafe.net (80.254.147.163) (UNREACHABLE) for last 3 hours 24 mins, tried to connect 193817 times

Backup: Proxy137.scansafe.net (80.254.152.99) (UNREACHABLE) for last 3 hours 21 mins, tried to connect 224595 times

ASA# debug scansafe 255

debug scansafe enabled at level 255

ASA#

Checking the scansafe L7 whitelist and redirect rules

Could not get the user details!

Could not get the username from the flow!

Redirecting packets

Scansafe cloud is down; switching to allow as default action!

Any help much appreciate..

Regards Craig

1 Reply 1

rick505d3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Craig,

Did you manage to resolve this? I am having the same issue (and debug output) although using the latest software 9.6.(2)3 on ASA 5585x in a failover pair in multi-context mode. 

When I remove and reapply the scansafe config from "system" space, scansafe starts working for about 10 to 15 minutes; scansafe servers are reachable. Than "show scansafe servers" indicates both primary and backup servers are unreachable. Debug logs says scansafe cloud is down. Telnet to scansafe servers from inside the firewall on port 8080 works. Firewall config remains exactly the same in the working and not working scenarios. 

Scansafe does work on the same firewall on the old code release before upgrade 9.2(4)8. We are upgrading code to install Firepower modules in these firewalls.

Regards, 

Rick.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card