Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

asa-sm control-plane & global rules

hi,

i am currently deploying a new asa-sm module (code 8.5.1) and i found a strange behaviour that i cannt explain.

if i create a global access-list and bind it to the global access-group, i see this acl in the management access rules (via asdm)

so it seems that the global access-list binds to the control-plane

if i do the same on an asa 5550 running code 8.4.x it works, the global acl doesn't show of in the control-plan management.

so i am not sure if it's a bug or configuration error, but i haven't found another way to configure this.

btw: i can add other acls to the control-plane:

asa_control_plane.PNG

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gold

Hi Ronald,

This is caused by the following bug:

CSCtt37390 - ASDM displays global ACL in Management Access Rules

The bug is fixed in the latest ASDM 6.4(7) release so please give that a try. If you still have issues with 6.4(7), I would recommend opening a TAC case to investigate if there is still an issue that needs to be fixed.

-Mike

2 REPLIES
Gold

Hi Ronald,

This is caused by the following bug:

CSCtt37390 - ASDM displays global ACL in Management Access Rules

The bug is fixed in the latest ASDM 6.4(7) release so please give that a try. If you still have issues with 6.4(7), I would recommend opening a TAC case to investigate if there is still an issue that needs to be fixed.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your info, seems that the bug also hits asdm version 6.5.1 (asa module)

So i will wait for the next release

thanks

ronald

Views
Helpful
Replies