cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Stops routing over "inside" when SIP traffic hits it

cmcneese-atrium
Level 1
Level 1

Having an odd problem and wanted to see if anyone else has run into this issue before.

Currently testing out a remote office solution with an ASA 5505 running 7.2(4) as the temporary head-end unit (will be replaced with a 5510 shortly). The remote user is connected via L2L tunnel, and for the most part everything is great. However, whenever the user connects to a video conference, utilizing SIP, the "inside" VLAN on the switch will stop routing ALL traffic, without noting anything in the logs. I have to reload the ASA to restore the traffic flow. I have a console hooked up set to level 7 logging now on the ASA to catch anything, but I'm curious to see if anyone else has run across this or anything similar?

2 Replies 2

Hi Collin,

If you issue a 'clear local' during the time of the problem, does traffic begin to pass again?

If so, take a look at the output of 'show xlate debug' during the time of the problem to see if any strange xlates are being built once the SIP traffic is generated.

-Mike

I'll give that a shot. I had debug level running on the console this last time i tried it, but i didn't get any errors in the logs.

I also tried removing SIP inspection, but that didn't seem to do anything helpful.

Will post again after I try this out. Who would have thought that video-conferencing would cause this kind of oddness.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card