Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASA Syslog, SNMP, Netflow

Which interface does Syslog, SNMP and Netflow data exit an ASA operating in multiple mode by default? If it's the management interface in the admin context then does that mean that every other context on the firewall send it's Syslog, SNMP and Netflow data through the management interface located on the admin context? I need to know for the purpose of installing a IDS system on my network. It is my understanding that every separate context must communicate with the IDS server. Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Green

Which interface does Syslog,

Which interface does Syslog, SNMP and Netflow data exit an ASA operating in multiple mode by default?

there is no default interface for this.  When you set them up you specify which interface these messages are to be sent out of.

If it's the management interface in the admin context then does that mean that every other context on the firewall send it's Syslog, SNMP and Netflow data through the management interface located on the admin context?

Again, the egress interface is defined when you configure Syslog, SNMP etc.  As far as I know this needs to be done for each context.

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

-- Please remember to rate and select a correct answer
1 REPLY
VIP Green

Which interface does Syslog,

Which interface does Syslog, SNMP and Netflow data exit an ASA operating in multiple mode by default?

there is no default interface for this.  When you set them up you specify which interface these messages are to be sent out of.

If it's the management interface in the admin context then does that mean that every other context on the firewall send it's Syslog, SNMP and Netflow data through the management interface located on the admin context?

Again, the egress interface is defined when you configure Syslog, SNMP etc.  As far as I know this needs to be done for each context.

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

-- Please remember to rate and select a correct answer
Views
Helpful
Replies