Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

ASA traffic to low with netgear

I have a ASA and on the lan is a netgear switch GS748T, I see no CRC error's on the ASA and on the Switch but the upload from Internet through the switch is very low, but the download is i.O. I change the switch to an noname switch and the upload are ok.

I test this with a other netgear-switch and it is the same, I change the image from ASA, tues situation remained the same.

It is known that there are problems with netgera and ASA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: ASA traffic to low with netgear

Hi,

Mike here and I will try to help you out. Are the Interfaces running on Auto? Can you hardcode the interfaces to full duplex and the maximum speed that they support?

You can use the following document as reference to troubleshoot this issues

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a008009491c.shtml#speed

Hope it helps.

Mike

Mike
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Mike here and I will try to help you out. Are the Interfaces running on Auto? Can you hardcode the interfaces to full duplex and the maximum speed that they support?

You can use the following document as reference to troubleshoot this issues

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a008009491c.shtml#speed

Hope it helps.

Mike

Mike
Community Member

Hi;

I test it with auto on both device and 10half,10full,100full better I test all version of configuration but only on auto it work without CRC error.

I change the port on both site, and I change the line between the Switch and the ASA, but nothing help's, exept to change the switch and it work's fine.

Funny only there no fault is see on the interface's, but still only had affected upload. The download work with 100% (from Internet) and the upload work with

10-20% without error. I test it wit a separate Laptom on the DMZ-Interface and it work's fine but only behind the netgear-Switch it gives problems with the upload but no error's on the Interfaces.

I think it is a incompatible between netgear and the ASA.

but does anyone have the same problem with netgear and the ASA ,I would like to know?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content