cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA upgrade from 7.2.4 to 8.2.5

c-clemons
Level 1
Level 1

I'm upgrading an ASA from 7.2.4 to 8.2.5 due to memory requirements for 8.3. My question is should I upgrade to 8.2.5 or to the interim for 8.2.5.  I would prefer not to upgrade to 8.2.5 and then hit the bug for the ASA leaving connections open and then have to upgrade to the interim anyway.  But I know that it is advised not to upgrade to interim levels unless you have specific requirements or issues to fix.

2 Replies 2

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

Yes, you are in a way correct, but i don not see any issue in upgrading to the latest interim of 8.2.5 as well, there should not be any issues with as well. It's good to be on the latest code to avoid any previous bugs.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

svaish
Level 1
Level 1

Are there any particula BUGS that you are concerned about in code 8.2.5?

Before upgrading to any version make sure you go though the release notes of 8.2.5 and see if there is a bug that you may hit?

The bug may still be present in the code but it is not always that you hit the bug as there are certain trigerers always that trigers the bug try to look for those conditions.

After that if there is something that comesup, please check if the bug is still fixed in the intrim release that you would be upgrading to, else there is no use of upgrading to interim release.

Thanks

Sachin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card