Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started.

ASA upgrade

I have to upgrade the ASA. Can anyone suggest me which one will be better either i have to upgrade to 9.x or the higher version of 8.x?

I have seen lot of caveats resolved in 9.x but some caveats still there. I am not able to differentiate out of these which one caveats are the harmful for our network performance. Can anyone tell me out of these which caveats are more harmful?

Regards,
Mukesh Kumar
Network Engineer
Spooster IT Services

• Firewalling
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mukesh, Go with any of the

Hi Mukesh,

Go with any of the cisco suggested OS which is recent. But once again bugs are specific to certain services and it varies in impacting case to case.

the above 3 versions are considered as the stable versions.... you can use any of that...

Regards

Karthik

Regards

Karthik

Hi Mukesh,It's www.cisco.com

Hi Mukesh,

It's www.cisco.com and then click support downloads, search for asa 5500 series and then select your ASA model

then softwares on chassis

ASA software images

Make sure that you have cisco CCO access...

Regards

Karthik

18 REPLIES

Hi Mukesh, Go with any of the

Hi Mukesh,

Go with any of the cisco suggested OS which is recent. But once again bugs are specific to certain services and it varies in impacting case to case.

the above 3 versions are considered as the stable versions.... you can use any of that...

Regards

Karthik

Regards

Karthik

Thanks KarthikCan you please

Thanks Karthik

Can you please tell me which is the additional feature added in 9.x that can affect our network performance?

Regards,
Mukesh Kumar
Network Engineer
Spooster IT Services

Hi Mukesh,You have to go

Hi Mukesh,

You have to go through the release notes for the specific version and find out.... go through the below link and check on the new features.... and then on to the open caveats / unresolved caveats to see if any of the specific services that might impact your network...

for eg: CSCum86256

ASA Policing does not limit traffic properly

If you have the policing enabled in ASA, then you have the problems in limiting the traffic as defined.... like that you have multiple issues for specific versions...

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa91/release/notes/asarn91.html#pgfId-685480

Regards

Karthik

Thanks for the information

Thanks for the information Karthik.

I will see on the given link.

Regards
Mukesh Kumar
Network Engineer
Spooster IT Services

Hello KartikWe are having ASA

Hello Kartik

We are having ASA 5510 in our network.
Having hardware configuration of 1024 MB RAM, CPU Pentium 4 Celeron 1599 MHz, Internal ATA Compact Flash is 256 MB.

Does 9.x support our current ASA hardware?

Regards
Mukesh Kumar
Network Engineer
Spooster IT Services

Hi, If you have ASA 5510...

Hi,

If you have ASA 5510... then you can go with the below mentioned versions...

9.0.3 (asa903-k8.bin )

8.4.7 (asa847-k8.bin )

8.2.5 (asa825-k8.bin )

Regards

Karthik

Thanks karthik. 

Thanks karthik.

Regards
Mukesh Kumar
Network Engineer
Spooster IT Services

Hello KarthikCan you please

Hello Karthik

Can you please tell me how you have determined that these versions are the stable versions?

Is there any specified feature available there in these version?

Regards
Mukesh Kumar
Network Engineer
Spooster IT Services

Hi Mukesh, These are all the

Hi Mukesh,

These are all the cisco recommended versions.... you can see those as the suggested OS for your ASA platform.

Go to cisco site and check.... you can see these in suggested menu....

Also you can see the minimum RAM/Flash Requirement to have those OS versions in your ASA box.... You should have the Cisco CCO login to access the portal.....

Regards

Karthik

Views
Helpful
Replies