cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA: why doesn't "route-map" "set ip next-hop" work for me?

ohansen
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

I need to be able to redirect some HTTP traffic to an Ironport WSA (for now) on a DMZ interface, the initial config I'm trying to test is along the lines of the following (don't have access to the ASA at the moment to cut-and-paste, sorry):

access-list 101 deny any any neq www

access-list 101 deny tcp host 10.0.2.2 any

access-list 101 permit tcp any any

route-map proxy-redirect permit 101

match ip address 101

set ip next-hop 10.0.2.2

Unfortunately the ASA does not take the "set ip next-hop" command, I get an invalid input error message and if I at the route map config prompt type "?" only the "metric" and "metric-type" commands are listed as available.

This happens both on 8.2 (ASA5510) and 8.4(2) (ASA5505). Since others are able to make this work, I assume there's something else on the ASA that I have to set to enable this command?

I know folks will suggest WCCP but that's not going to be applicable in my case I'm afraid, and although I can make a NAT rule work under 8.4, that sadly doesn't work under 8.2.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Since others are able to make this work     How ?  because PBR is not supported on the ASA and route-maps are used for redistribution purposes only.

Don't forget to rate if helpful.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Thanks Alain,

> Since others are able to make this work     How ?

there are a few posts/articles out there that hints that it's possible, like the one below, I was hoping it would be tied to a licenced feature, routing config etc., but I guess you're right...

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2058702

Thanks again!

dear bro,

what are the others ways to do rather then next-hop config

can you please write down that.

RG

Waisudin Farzam
SNE

P E: wfarzam@gmail.com
S E: wais.farzam@gmail.com
S: wais.farzam

Certified Cisco ID: CSCO11404095