cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA-X Monitor interface via Hello Packet ?

peter.ip.mobile
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco,

I add a command to monitor ASA5515-X Firewall Outside interface. I show the monitor interface and see the log that the Outside passed the tracking. Cisco configuration Guide says that Hello packet should be sent so as to track the interfaces.

My connection scenario is listed below.

1) A primary switch is connected to Primary ASA's outside interface GE0/0, the interface is up

2) A Backup switch is connected to Backup ASA's outside interface GE0/0, the interface is up

3) In the beginning, the two switch is connected.

4) After the 2x firewall syn, Disconnect the connection between primary and backup switch

5) Hello packet could not be delivered via the Outside Interface anymore.

6) When I "show Monitor-interface, the ASA shows that Outside interface is normal, and thus does not fail over. What goes wrong ?

As I am working for a SI, and my manager says raise Cisco TECH ticket as few as possible. I want to confirm if this is abnormal before I strongly request to open a TECH case.  

ASA5515X   Version 9.1(1) 

Thanks.

Peter

1 Reply 1

Vibhor Amrodia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

So you mean to say that the Physical ports on both the ASA device i.e outside interface cannot communicate with each other but still they show NORMAL under the fail-over monitoring ?

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card