I add a command to monitor ASA5515-X Firewall Outside interface. I show the monitor interface and see the log that the Outside passed the tracking. Cisco configuration Guide says that Hello packet should be sent so as to track the interfaces.
My connection scenario is listed below.
1) A primary switch is connected to Primary ASA's outside interface GE0/0, the interface is up
2) A Backup switch is connected to Backup ASA's outside interface GE0/0, the interface is up
3) In the beginning, the two switch is connected.
4) After the 2x firewall syn, Disconnect the connection between primary and backup switch
5) Hello packet could not be delivered via the Outside Interface anymore.
6) When I "show Monitor-interface, the ASA shows that Outside interface is normal, and thus does not fail over. What goes wrong ?
As I am working for a SI, and my manager says raise Cisco TECH ticket as few as possible. I want to confirm if this is abnormal before I strongly request to open a TECH case.
Login to the FXOS chassis manager.
Direct your browser to https://hostname/, and log-in using the user-name and password.
Go to Help > About and check the current version:
Check the current version availa...
We have configured the outside and inside Interface with official ipv6 adresses, set a default route on outside Interface to our router, we also have definied a rule , which also gets hits, to permit tcp from inside Interface to any6.
In Syslog I also se...