Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASA

Hi all, 

I need an info as i can find out on the cisco page. As i know there is an Cisco ASA 5500 and are end of life. That means that the new ones are 5500-X something ??? 

And what will be the replacement for ASA 5505 with the new one one ? 

Everyone's tags (1)
8 REPLIES

Hi Vivek,Thanks for answering

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for answering, so what will be the best replacement for the old ASA 5505 ? 

As per Cisco website, EOL is

OK so for the 5506-X with

OK so for the 5506-X with FirePower, as i know FirePower is additional security for applications filtering for malware etc.( em i right ? )?  But i don't like the FirePower options is it possible to buy 5506-X without this Options and just a licence for Failover ?

I guess that option is not

I guess that option is not avaiable. You need to go with 5505 then.

VIP Purple

You don't need to use

You don't need to use FirePOWER. You can use the 5506-X in a "traditional" way as before with the 5505. The 5506-X is again available as Base- and SecurityPlus versions.

--
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor: http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

OK One more question, WAN

OK One more question, WAN Failover and VPN Failover, this are two separate things so do i need two special licencing or are both included in one licence ? 

VIP Purple

For the old 5505 you needed

For the old 5505 you needed the SecPlus license for WAN-failover. For the 5506-X I assume that this restriction is lifted, but I don't have a Base-version to confirm this. For HA you need the SecPlus license on both units. With that the active role fails over to the standby unit if the first one has a problem. The VPNs always terminate on the active ASA, so this gives you also a VPN-failover for the event of a device failure.

VPN-failover for an outage of the primary WAN is handled in the same way as "normal" WAN-failover with route-tracking.

--
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor: http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni
Views
Helpful
Replies