Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASA5505 Captive Portal?

Is there a way to create a "captive portal" using the ASA?

Basically I am looking to have a user turn on their PC and then try to get to a web site but be redirected to a page where they can be authenticated. Then either based on who they authenticate as, or any successful authentication, the ASA applies ACLs to their traffic.

This would create a situation where they cannot get anywhere until they authenticate and then maybe once they have authenticated they are allowed outbound on 80 and 443 to anywhere.

I am thinking this is possible using maybe cut-through proxy authorization and/or downloadable ACLs from the CSACS server but I am having trouble figuring out if it can really be done and if so how these pieces fit together.

thanks

• Firewalling
1 REPLY

Re: ASA5505 Captive Portal?

Hi ..

definetely this can be done .. and yes you are in the right track .. check this link which gives an example of such set up .. I suggest to read it carefully so that you fully understand ..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00807349e7.shtml

Please rate helpful posts !!!

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.