cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5505 drops Internet connection very month.

viper1284
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys I have an issue. I have and ASA5505 that drops the connection to the Internet once a month. I have no issues with the internal network, but I just can't get out to the Internet. I checked the logs on the ASA and when I try to get out to the Internet I get this on the logs, "Failed to locate egress Intereface for UDP from inside (hostname)" Once I reboot the ASA everything is back to normal and I can get out again. I have looked around with the error message, but can't find anything that can help me. Anyone ever seen this or have a solution for this?

Any feedback would be great!

ASA Ver 7.2(3)

ASDM Ver 5.2(3)

Thanks!

8 Replies 8

davidbornack
Level 1
Level 1

Any chance that the external interface is set for DHCP and it's just not renewing properly?

I don't think that is the problem, but I can look into that. The ASA is connected to a cable modem for Internet connectivity. Could it be that something in my VPN configuration is causing this issue? The ASA doesn't have a complex configuration. It's for my home office and I have a few ACLs and static routes allowing traffic out and 2 port forwarding statements. I don't know what else could be the problem. I have downgraded the IOS and upgraded and still same issue. Any other places where I can try looking for the problem\solution?

I'm assuming you've gotten a static IP from your Cable Internet Provider?

Can you post a show run?

Ok guys...

Here's the "show run". My primary network is 192.168.200.x The other networks are just for my lab. I have VPN configured and I can get in from anywhere and hit everything on my internal LAN, but again. Once every 30 days or so I loose Internet connectivity. I don't think hardware would have anything to do with it no? I also have a dynamic address from my ISP which has not changed in alomost a year. Please let me know what I'm missing. :o(

owensgl
Level 1
Level 1

My friend had the same problem then he upgraded his code and the problem was solved

I have also upgraded the code, but same issue. This is what I have on the ASA.

ASA Ver 7.2(3)

ASDM Ver 5.2(3)

Please post a show run so I can check out your config.

It's already posted a few messages up.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card