Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASA5505 Failover - Active/Standby

Hi,

I wonder if someone could point out my error or issue....

2 x ASA 5505 with Security plus licence.

Both ASA 8.2(5) and ASDM 6.4(9)

When I run the High Availability and Scalability Wizard I have enter the Peer IP address and it passes all the tests to go to step 3.

But...

When I enter anything in step 3 I cannot select next!

Is there something specific it is looking for as it doesn't seem to matter what I enter it won't let me choose next?

I have included configs of firewalls.

I have done this on 5510's no problems so wondering if a bug or a silly missed config somewhere.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Did you choose a switch port

Did you choose a switch port in Step 3? that's specific to the 5505 and is required for that platform only.

I'm not sure if it's relevant but I do notice you don't have an ASDM image specified on fw2.

Also, have you confirmed both units have the Security Plus license active?

You could also have a shot at the cli configuration method. It's not too laborious. Here's a link to it.

4 REPLIES

Did you choose a switch port

Did you choose a switch port in Step 3? that's specific to the 5505 and is required for that platform only.

I'm not sure if it's relevant but I do notice you don't have an ASDM image specified on fw2.

Also, have you confirmed both units have the Security Plus license active?

You could also have a shot at the cli configuration method. It's not too laborious. Here's a link to it.

Hi Marvin, I did choose a

Hi Marvin,

I did choose a switch port. Initially I chose per 0/7 but read it was best no to so tried 0/3.

I tried putting it in vlan999 which is what is wants to call it and in vlan 1 and another random vlan just to see.

The asdm image was specified but previously but may have dissapeard after I tested a different version of IOS and ASDM to see if it made any difference, sadly didn't.

If I do show ver is shows Security Plus license, so assumed it was installed and active, is that not the case?

I in a rough way tried the cli aswell but it didn't fully work but I may have missed a command so will try the commands on the link you provided, thanks for that.

Interestingly when I entered the CLI commands it would let me through the area I am having a problem with..?

I am wondering if it is a bug because if I take any of the other entries from that screen out I get an error message but when I have them completed as I am pretty sure that they should be then I click next and get nothing.

Many thanks

Hi Marvin, Thanks the CLI did

Hi Marvin,

Thanks the CLI did it.

I have to be honest the Cisco page is hugely unclear. Although could also be related to still relatively new to firewalls but I still feel it is unclear.

But....

It is working perfectly.

thanks for your quick reply.

You're welcome. It can be a

You're welcome. It can be a bit daunting at first - if you don't work with them often they're not the easiest to learn on a casual basis.

Glad it's working - thanks for the rating.

Views
Helpful
Replies