Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASA5505-UL-BUN-K9 - Is This Appropriate

Sorry to be another person asking another question on licenses!

I have 80 internal users so I need an unlimited license on my ASA 5505. However, is the ASA5505-UL-BUN-K9 license limited to only two subnets, a LAN and WAN? Since the 5505 has multiple ethernet ports can I firewall traffic between multiple networks?

Also, this license covers 2 SSL VPN users and 10 IPSEC VPNs. So does this mean only 2 users can work remotely at once? My understanding of IPSEC VPNs was that static IPs are needed at each end. Can users somehow tunnel in over a dynamic IPSEC tunnel, so I can have 10 remote users connecting in from any IP?

Cheers.

• Firewalling
Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

This Bundle is heavily restricted as it's only the BASE-license. And with that you only have your inside- and outside-interface and a limited DMZ. If you want more firewall-interfaces you need the SecPlus-bundle.

For VPN:

The BASE-license gives you 10 traditional VPN-sessions. These are L2L- or IPSec-sessions with the old VPN-Client. The limit of the SecPlus is 25 simultaneous users.

The two SSL-VPNs mean, that you can also use the new AnyConnect-client or even the clientless VPN.

If you need more SSL-VPN-sessions or want to use IKEv2 with AnyConnect then you need additional licenses:

1) AnyConnect Essentials which gives you the platform-limit of tunneld session for AnyConnect

or

2) AnyConnect Premium which is licensed per simultaneous user, which gives you tunnel- and clientless access.

-- Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor: http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni
2 REPLIES
VIP Purple

This Bundle is heavily restricted as it's only the BASE-license. And with that you only have your inside- and outside-interface and a limited DMZ. If you want more firewall-interfaces you need the SecPlus-bundle.

For VPN:

The BASE-license gives you 10 traditional VPN-sessions. These are L2L- or IPSec-sessions with the old VPN-Client. The limit of the SecPlus is 25 simultaneous users.

The two SSL-VPNs mean, that you can also use the new AnyConnect-client or even the clientless VPN.

If you need more SSL-VPN-sessions or want to use IKEv2 with AnyConnect then you need additional licenses:

1) AnyConnect Essentials which gives you the platform-limit of tunneld session for AnyConnect

or

2) AnyConnect Premium which is licensed per simultaneous user, which gives you tunnel- and clientless access.

-- Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor: http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

Thanks for clearing those points up for me, that's what I needed to know. That gave me the direction to answer all my questions. Thanks very much!

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.