cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5510 renew SSL certificate (GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium) - Cannot import certificate

jake.pett
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having issues installing a certificate, I get the following error message:

'Cannot import certificate - Certificate does not contain devices general purpose public key for trust point ASDM_TrustPoint4 Error: failed to parse or verify imported certificate'

I found this old post but it may apply to me:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11479246/installing-certificate-ssl-vpn-asa-5510

I tried following this instructions but it fail in step 4:

https://knowledge.geotrust.com/support/knowledge-base/index?page=content&id=SO16142&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1398781506734

ASA5510 version 8.3

ASDM version 6.3

Any advice?

Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you sure you generated the CSR from that ASA unit?

It's not part of an HA pair by any chance - that would cause it to not recognize the certificate for import since the key would not match.

View solution in original post

Your CSR generation parameters should match with CA (Verisign) while generating root, intermediate and ssl certficate. If any parameter misses then it will not take.

Root and Intermediate should be applied together and then the SSL to match the trustpoint you have created.

Regards

Karthik

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you sure you generated the CSR from that ASA unit?

It's not part of an HA pair by any chance - that would cause it to not recognize the certificate for import since the key would not match.

Marvin,

At this point would it make more sense to generate a new CSR and submitted to GeoTrust?

The CSR was created via ASDM. I found a CSR checker in GeoTrust's website after your comment and it shows one error, I used the state abbreviation.

Thank you.

I'd go ahead and resubmit the CSR.

I imagine the incorrect state abbreviation could throw off the parser - it's designed to check the certificate structure very very carefully before allowing it to be imported.

I will update you will results, hopefully it will go well after that.

Your CSR generation parameters should match with CA (Verisign) while generating root, intermediate and ssl certficate. If any parameter misses then it will not take.

Root and Intermediate should be applied together and then the SSL to match the trustpoint you have created.

Regards

Karthik

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card