Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5520

sweigle
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

I'm having trouble with a security policy rule that is denying outbound connections. I am trying to allow outbound SSH connections to specific IP addresses. Therefore, I added a rule on the inside incoming interface that allows tcp source 192.168.0.0/24 dest ip-group tcp-service group. The ip-group consists of 3 IP addresses of servers. The TCP service group consists of tcp ports 902, 9999, ftp, ftp-data, and ssh. 902, 9999, ftp, ftp-data work fine, but the SSH does not work. I get a message in the log deny tcp src 192.168.0.x to x.x.x.x:22 on the internal access list.

I have a NAT rule for these connections, but it looks like the firewall denies it before the NAT rule takes affect.

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is there a Deny farther up the ACL? Any hit counts on the ACL for SSH? Can you post the entire log message (minus the IPs)?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is there a Deny farther up the ACL? Any hit counts on the ACL for SSH? Can you post the entire log message (minus the IPs)?

thanks, you were right, there was something farther up the ACL that was denying thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: