cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5540 upgrade 7.2(4) to 8.2(5)

cineca
Level 1
Level 1

I'm planning to upgrade our ASA5540 active/failover pair from rel 7.2(4) to rel 8.2.(5) via rel 8.0(2).

Would there be any issues with that or is it a simple upgrade?
Is the 7.2(4) configuration sintax fully compatible with rel. 8.x, or there are statement syntax changes (particularly with NAT, ACLs..) ?

Thanks in advance,

Alessandro Asson - CINECA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are some smaller syntax changes but the cli parser will handle those automatically. I've done a couple of upgrades of that sort without having to intervene and fix anything the ASA software itself did.

Your upgrade path is correct - just follow the zero downtime upgrade path for HA pairs as documented in the Configuration Guide.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are some smaller syntax changes but the cli parser will handle those automatically. I've done a couple of upgrades of that sort without having to intervene and fix anything the ASA software itself did.

Your upgrade path is correct - just follow the zero downtime upgrade path for HA pairs as documented in the Configuration Guide.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card