Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

New Member

ASA5580-20 high cpu utilization in system context

Hi,

We have an active-active pair of cisco ASA5580-20 with software version 8.4(1)9.

There are 8 contexts on it (including admin and system). 1 context is active on Primary node and other 7 are active on Secondary node.

User traffic is going through this 1 context (2 interfaces - inside to users, outside to internet) and there are peaks to 1.16M concurrent connections, max bandwidth is 1.25Gbps. CPU usage for this context in peak hours is 63%, but we noticed that when we run "show cpu usage context all" from system it shows that system context is using 25% of CPU and "Total CPU utilization" (form output of show cpu detailed - on system context) is 88% which is bad.

In non peak hours - user context use 33.6% CPU, system use 14.5%, total CPU usage is 50.5%

So, is it normal this cpu utilization on system context (system on Primary node)?

BR,

Plamen

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

ASA5580-20 high cpu utilization in system context

Hi Plamen,

The answer to your question depends on why the CPU utilization is high. If the CPU is high because of an increased amount of traffic processing during peak hours, then the increase could indeed be normal. I would suggest opening a TAC case to have this investigated further.

-Mike

575
Views
0
Helpful
1
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content