cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM 6.25 returns "Firewall image has a version number null which is not support by ASDM"

cajones
Level 1
Level 1

We have 3 admins that have been using ASDM 6.25 just fine with all ASAs on version 8.0(519) and now I have a new admin that just tried to download ASDM 6.25 and he is receiving the error above.  He is running the same OS and Java version as the rest of us so it makes no sense why it won't load for him.  He has tried multiple ASAs and they all return the same error.

Any idea what is causing it?  We already have the "fix" in place that is posted on your site.

asdm image disk0:/asdm-625.bin

aaa authentication http console LOCAL

Thanks.

CJ

5 Replies 5

brquinn
Level 1
Level 1

ASDM must not be receiving the version data correctly from the ASA. Are you using ASDM launcher or a browser?  I would start troubleshooting by gathering simultaneous debugs and packet captures. Compare this data to what is seen on working PCs.

debug http 255

Thanks,

Brendan

He is trying to run the installed ASDM off his desktop shortcut (already tried it from the browser and both return the same error).

I'll give the debug a try.

Thanks.

cJ

Hello.

Is it only this one use that cannot open the ASDM? How many are affected? Would you please try to use another ASDM image and try to launch it?

Cheers

Mike

Mike

Must be a "bug" in 8.0(519) or something. Because that same USERNAME worked just fine on an ASA that was running the 8.2(217) code.

We will just make sure that his USERNAME matches AD from now on. That's an easy fix.

Thank you very much, we figured it out.

Seems very strange but that user had a local USERNAME setup that didn't match his AD one. In the debug we saw the following;

HTTP: Authentication username = 'dylanwu'

HTTP: processing GET URL '/admin/version.prop' from host 10.x.x.x

HTTP: authentication required, no authentication information was provided

HTTP: processing GET URL '/admin/version.prop' from host 10.x.x.x

HTTP: Authentication failed

So to test I just changed his USERNAME to match his AD one and he is having no problems now.

CJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: