Views
Helpful
Replies

asdm 7.3.1 bug ?

Marc Rousseau
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just upgraded ASA to 9.1.3 version and of course I also upgraded ASDM to 7.3.1

The problem is : ASDM 7.3.1 is consuming all CPU and become unresponsive. In java console, I can see a message in loop : [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR com.cisco.dmcommon.util.DMCommonEnv  -  (Poller) Exception while serving client Home Panel Resources.

I tried java6, differents versions of java7, java8 ....always same problem.

I tried on two macs, two PC : same problem

If I downgrade ASDM to 7.2 version (even if it's not supported with ASA 9.3.1), no problem

So I really think there's a problem with ASDM 7.3.1

Here is a screenshot :

Someone has the same issue ? It's very annoying because for the moment I don't have any alternative to manage my ASA (ASDM 7.2.2 not supported with ASA 9.3.1)

Thanks

Marc

6 Replies 6

This almost seems like a bug.  I would suggest opening a TAC case with Cisco and have them look at it, and eventually create a bug report on it.

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

matthewthacker
Level 1
Level 1

Did they confirm this as a bug for you, and if so, tell you when they expected a fix?

thanks,

matthew

Marc Rousseau
Level 1
Level 1

This bug is fixed in asdm-731-101.bin

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello;

The bug ID is: CSCup34688.

ASDM: (Poller) Exception while serving client Home Panel Resources

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCup34688/?reffering_site=dumpcr

However is not public. You may need to open a TAC case as suggested to have the engineer to publish you the correct interim release to update the ASDM.

A downgrade to ASDM 7.2 would help as well until the new ASDM version is released.

Mike Rojas

Mike

I confirm this bug is fixed in version 7.3.1.101 but now there's a new bug :

Monitoring of botnet filter (graphs) does not work anymore

Hello;

Well you are hitting this:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq59377/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Which is still under investigation. As I suggested on the previous post, I would downgrade to 7.2 until there is a stable release.

Mike.

Mike
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card