Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

ASDM Authentication Issue

Running ASDM Launcher ver 1.5. on ASA 7.2 When I enter Userid and Psw which I have used for sometime, it now comes up with new window Authenication Required". Entering the same info as before is NO GO. Canceling window produces Error:Unable to launch ASDM from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:Authenication failed.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Mucho!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Re: ASDM Authentication Issue

Try leaving the username blank and then entering your regular password. I'm working on getting an ASA 5505 set up via the ASDM, and that's what it takes to get me back in for another attempt. Hope that helps you out, though!

4 REPLIES
Community Member

Try leaving the username blank and then entering your regular password. I'm working on getting an ASA 5505 set up via the ASDM, and that's what it takes to get me back in for another attempt. Hope that helps you out, though!

Community Member

Hey, that did the trick!!!

Thanks Mucho!!!!

Community Member

Thank you this helped had the same issue with a 4100 asa cluster, I changed the user name and enable password from cli and this box began coming up when opening asdm

Community Member

You're welcome; glad I could help.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content