cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM is unable to read the configuration

albertoortiz31
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I have problems to be able acces ASA 5510 from ASDM, i have in the computer windows XP java vercion 6

My Pix ASA in has "asdm-523.bin"

When I try to me to connect leaves east error "ASDM is unable to read the configuration from the ASA.Please check the configuration and your connection and then trty again by clicking the refresh icon"

Thanks

2 Replies 2

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

the problem is your JAVA version.

Option1, change your JAVA version.

option2

In ASDM, clear ASDM cache and internal log buffer (nothing to do with firewall config or logs) and then select refresh ASDM with the running configuration on the device option. all these options are there in the file menu of ASDM.

This will help you to run ASDM in all the JAVA versions. You might not want to change the JAVA version just for one application, other apps may want to use the latest one.

option 2 is quicker.....

pls rate

francisco 1

I appreciate your suggestions, By the way, I made option 2 with out success.

Probably I made something wrong, I follow all the steps that you mentioned and It didn't work.

If you have or know any manual about it, please send me the link or file to review the steps or other suggestions.

I have a doubt, I need to set up the inspection module, but the base & plus licenses were missed in my Co. Could you let me know, how I can get my licence number?

fyi, I have been trying to get these information with my supplier, however at the moment no answer from them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card