Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM No Longer Works After Changing IP

milkboy33
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Has anyone ever experienced this wierd issue where once we change the IP of the inside interface of an ASA (5505) we can no longer access it with web based Java ASDM, but regular ASDM client still works ok?

Thanks,

Tom

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Can't say I have never run into this. Then again I use ASDM for very few purposes. And I always use the software installed on my computer.

Are you saying that with a web browser you cant access the ASA at all?

In some cases where management connections are the problem, removing that management types configurations and re-issuing those commands can do the trick but as you say, you can access the ASA with ASDM.

Or perhaps the issue is that when atleast I use the Web Based Java ASDM it creates a link on the desktop. If you use that link it might use the old interface IP address and doesnt work because of that.

- Jouni

milkboy33
Level 1
Level 1

ANSWER

So I found the issue to be with both the ASA and Java. To fix this. The next time you run the wizard on an ASA 5505 and have it's internal IP changed, you will need to go to your PC control panel, Java and delete all the security certificates associated with the old IP. Then reboot *both the ASA and your PC.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card