Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM not applying config changes

Mohit Chauhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi
I am running version 9.1(1) and ASDM 7.3.1 as Cisco recommended.
It looks like the creating of objects or something similar doesn't get applied. I don't see any progress bar window which generally says applying your config changes. So after a while when u want to save , it will ask you haven't applied. Then again when u say apply, it just doesn't do anything.

Has anyone seen this issue before.

Regards
Mohit

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

7 Replies 7

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

What java version are you using? Make sure it's version 6.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

it is 6. I tried using 7 but that completely stuffed the ASDM. I couldnt even open ASDM at all fromt that version. So i rolled back to 6 but still the same issue where i cannot apply after making major changes.

i can make minor rules addition deletion but trying to create objects never helped me so far.

i was thinking of downgrading the asdm version to 7.1.1 which is the min required for this IOS 9.1 (1), any suggestions??

Hi,

Was the earlier post of ASDM 7.3.1 a typo?

From the ASDM matrix, it looks like you'll need ASDM 7.1(3).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asamatrx.html

Sorry thats my bad typing. it is running 7.1 (3) which is what cisco recommends for this IOS.

I see. Is the behavior observed to be the same with another PC?

Are you able to restore to a point or date when it was working? Otherwise you'll need to downgrade to a working ASDM image.

the behavior is the same on all the PCs. There was a change, like for like for the devices including ASAs. the only diff was that the last ASAs were normal but this one is with IPS integrated.

The version has been kept the same all this while.

campbellian
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also seeing the same behavior after upgrading (?) to ASDM 7.1(3) - changes cannot be applied. Running ASA OS 8.4(2).

How nice - 7.1(3) is cursed!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card