cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM Right pane blank

manojsaxena
Level 1
Level 1

I have ASA 5510 running version 8.0.4 and ASDM image 6.1.5.(51). I had java ver 6 update 13 and I faced usual ASDM connection error. Downgraded to ver 6 update 7 and I can launch ASDM but the right pane is blank. Removed all other Java versions, reinstalled java 6 update 7 same issue. Removed java 6 update 7, reboot, installed Java "Version 1.6.0 (build 1.6.0-b105)" and the issue is the same. Its very frustrating. Has anyone faced a similar issue. Whats the fix, I am sure it is java, any pointers in the right direction pls.

4 Replies 4

fraunhoferpt
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue.

Generally changing the size of the window ("Restore") and/or clicking on the blank side reveals the missing settings.

This had me puzzled for ages, I just maximized the window and all the rules appeared!

r.malviya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Can you try to upgrade the ASDM 6.1.5.(51) to Cisco ASDM 6.1(5)57 .May it will resolve your issue . try it .

Regards

Ritesh Malviya

lundvall
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue. The workaround that I have found is to go back to the home page, go to the view menu and reset layout (near the bottom. Then when I click back to the screen I was wanting to look at, it appears normally. I agree that this is a java issue. I am running Java 6 update 13 and ASDM 6.1(5)51.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: