Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup FWSM & OSPF

schannro
Level 1
Level 1

hello!

I have two FWSM with OSPF and it is impossible to reach the backup device because there are no routes ( just the direct connected routes) in the routing table. Is this mormal that the backup device have no OSPF Routes in the routing table?

thx

schannro

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

schannro wrote:

hello!

I have two FWSM with OSPF and it is impossible to reach the backup device because there are no routes ( just the direct connected routes) in the routing table. Is this mormal that the backup device have no OSPF Routes in the routing table?

thx

schannro

Yes it is. The standby FWSM does not participate in the OSPF routing process until it becomes active so you would need to add a static route to the standby to reach it or connect to it from a device on one of the directly connected networks.

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dtochilovsky
Level 1
Level 1

By backup do you mean a redundant/standby FWSM?

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

schannro wrote:

hello!

thx

schannro

Yes it is. The standby FWSM does not participate in the OSPF routing process until it becomes active so you would need to add a static route to the standby to reach it or connect to it from a device on one of the directly connected networks.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card