Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)

Backup FWSM & OSPF

hello!

I have two FWSM with OSPF and it is impossible to reach the backup device because there are no routes ( just the direct connected routes) in the routing table. Is this mormal that the backup device have no OSPF Routes in the routing table?

thx

schannro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: Backup FWSM & OSPF

schannro wrote:

hello!

I have two FWSM with OSPF and it is impossible to reach the backup device because there are no routes ( just the direct connected routes) in the routing table. Is this mormal that the backup device have no OSPF Routes in the routing table?

thx

schannro

Yes it is. The standby FWSM does not participate in the OSPF routing process until it becomes active so you would need to add a static route to the standby to reach it or connect to it from a device on one of the directly connected networks.

Jon

2 REPLIES

By backup do you mean a redundant/standby FWSM?

Hall of Fame Super Blue

schannro wrote:

hello!

thx

schannro

Yes it is. The standby FWSM does not participate in the OSPF routing process until it becomes active so you would need to add a static route to the standby to reach it or connect to it from a device on one of the directly connected networks.

Jon

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content